Brian C. Castrucci, DrPH
President and CEO, de Beaumont Foundation
A leader in health philanthropy with a background in epidemiology, Brian Castrucci, DrPH, spent a decade helping to lead the health departments of Philadelphia, Texas, and Georgia. He was a driving force behind PH WINS, the only survey of the state and local government public health workforce, and CityHealth, which promotes healthy policies in cities.
A fierce advocate for state and local governmental public health professionals, Brian can speak on topics including:
- The need to invest in health, not just healthcare
- Public health funding – trends and needs, and how funding affects preparedness
- The intersection of policy and health – sick leave, housing, education, etc.
- Challenges to the public health field – turnover, lack of resources, recruitment/retention
Recent writing and interviews:
- The Atlantic: We’ll Be Wearing Things on Our Faces for a Long Time
- A Second Opinion: A Case for Public Health Infrastructure
- Matter of Fact: Funding the First Line of Defense: Public Health
- Associated Press: “In years before outbreak, investment in public health fell”
- Health Affairs: “Coronavirus Responders Deserve Better“
- USA Today: ” ‘This is not sustainable’: Public Health Departments, Decimated by Funding Cuts, Scramble against Coronavirus“
- Health Affairs: “Want To Make The Nation More Prepared To Fight Contagious Diseases? Expand Paid Sick Leave“
- Route Fifty: “Coronavirus Quarantines Pose Tough Issues for State and Local Officials“
Media inquiries and interview requests: Contact Mark Miller at email@example.com.
Invitations for speaking engagements: Contact Nicole Holton at firstname.lastname@example.org.