Applications for the “40 Under 40 in Public Health” list will be accepted until midnight EST on Feb. 28, 2019. The list will be released in spring 2019. Nominate someone by email. Potential honorees can apply online. (Self-nominations are accepted.)
About 40 Under 40
Improving community health requires effective state and local health departments and a strong and diverse public health workforce. Fresh perspectives, new ideas, creative problem-solving, and innovative solutions benefit communities and improve the field of public health. That’s why the de Beaumont Foundation is creating our first list of “40 Under 40 in Public Health.”
Many programs and lists recognize leaders in healthcare, and most “health” lists are focused on healthcare delivery and not community health. We’re seeking nominations for leaders who recognize that health is more than healthcare and who are showing leadership in making communities healthier.
Candidates can be nominated by a supervisor or colleague, and self-nominations are also accepted. All applications require contact information for the nominee’s supervisor and three references. To be eligible, a nominee must be:
- Actively working as a public health professional.
- A current state or local government public health employee, or someone who partners closely with a state or local health department to improve public health. (“State or local” applies to departments in states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories; tribal departments; and county and city departments).
- Under 40 years old as of Dec. 31, 2019.
The leaders chosen for the “40 Under 40” list will receive:
- National recognition through earned media, public health associations, and social media.
- Invitation to an exclusive, all-expenses-paid leadership summit with other young professionals and public health pioneers.
- Online networking opportunities with fellow recipients.
- Social media toolkit, including a badge for use on personal websites or blogs.
- Opportunities to contribute to and help shape philanthropic initiatives in public health.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Contributions to your organization, your community, and the public health field.
- Demonstrated leadership in your organization.
- Collaboration within your organization, with community organizations, with other sectors, and/or other partners.
- Success in advancing policy solutions, and/or engaging the community.
- Creative problem-solving. New and innovative ideas to improve public health.
- Commitment and vision for your organization, your community, and/or your state or local public health department.
Nominations and Applications
Please note: When you visit the link to apply, you will be taken to the preview page of the application. Click on the blue button at the top right of the page that says “Log On/Create an Account to Apply” to create an individual account for yourself and complete your application. No access code is needed. If asked for an Employer Identification Number (EIN), enter “NA” in the box.
Send an email to 40Under40@deBeaumont.org.